The mission of the choral program is to glorify God by providing music that points others to Christ; to teach our students music, teamwork, and service; and to edify those who hear our music.
Since all students are required to be in choir while enrolled at MMBA, we strive to make choir a well-rounded musical experience, meeting students where they are and helping them grow to their full potential as musicians.
Elementary, junior high, and senior high choir members will be given the following experiences throughout each school year:
- Discuss vocal technique, music theory, music history, and cover various genres of music, including sacred, folk, and classical music
- Perform in our Christmas and spring concerts
- Compete in the Illinois Association of Christian Schools (IACS) Fine Arts Tournament at the state and national (senior high only) levels
- Sing music in 2-3 parts in elementary choir, progress to SAB music in junior high choir, then SATB music and beyond in senior high choir
- Complete vocal assessments each year to help students determine their voice part and encourage them to discover their range, ability, and confidence